Lamoni, Iowa: Herald Publishing House, No date. Edition not stated. Hardcover. 80; 122pp. Small octavo [20 cm] Red cloth covered boards. Very good. The front endsheet has a former owner's bookplate and name in pen. Item #23888
The first Herald Publishing House church press was run by hand, and the entire printing operation covered only eighteen square feet on the second floor of the Henning Block in Plano, Illinois. In 1881 a building was erected in Lamoni, Iowa – then the site of church headquarters – to contain the publishing plant. At that time there were eight employees and the equipment included type, two cylinder power presses, a jobber press, and “other fixtures.”.