New York: Wolf Adv. Co, Circa 1900. Ephemera. Sign [17" tall x 8 1/4" wide] with mounted backstand (torn at the base, but still functional). Light corner and edge wear. The advertisement depicts, within a decorative oval, a lovely lady with rosy cheeks in a scarf and hat. Beautiful coloration. Very good. Item #57688
John R. Sillito and Sarah Langdon point out in their book, "Images of America: Ogden," that the Shupe-Williams Candy Company was founded in 1896 by William Williams and David Shupe. Their company thrived during the 1930s, dealing in 400 different types of candy, among them hard and soft candies and the Utahna chocolates. The company closed in 1958, the result of post-World War II dwindling sales. Unfortunately, the Shupe-Williams Candy Company building was destroyed by fire in 2006, after having stood for approximately 100 years.